Speedy Apple Butter
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
Nov 7, 2017
I mixed it up and put it in a small crockpot. I set it on "high" and left the lid set ajar. I stirred it every half hour or so when I thought about it. After about four hours it had reduced down by about 1/3. I used my stick blender to give it a creamier texture. Great way to use up the large jar of applesauce.
Mar 26, 2011
easy and i love the fact it makes a small amount. was great on my toast and when used in an applesauce qucik bread - my grandson's raved
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.