Turkey & Noodle Tomato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- In a Dutch oven, cook turkey over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in soup mix, 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning from the noodles, sugar, pepper and salt. Add V8 juice and vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Break noodles into small pieces; add to soup (discard remaining seasoning or save for another use). Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little reduced-sodium broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 331 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 1247mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein.
Mar 15, 2018
Loved this recipe! I wanted something different to do with Ramen, and this was perfect. Very flavorful! I did make a few changes based on what I had on hand. I halved the recipe and used canned chicken, a can of tomato soup, and a can of green beans and corn. I'm sure it's just as yummy the ingredients called for. Definitely a keeper for a fast midweek meal!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.