Curried Chicken with Asparagus
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry and pepper; set aside.
- Place half of the asparagus in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spread with half of the soup mixture.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Place chicken over soup mixture. Top with remaining asparagus and soup mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 426 calories, 31g fat (6g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Jun 21, 2014
Great recipe, easy and delicious.
Dec 31, 2012
I made this for my asparagus loving husband. It is now lovingly referred to as "crack-chicken" in our home. I was totally skeptical because of the mayo, but it is fantastic! I sometimes double the sauce so I get some too! Lol :-)
Mar 5, 2012
Great recipe. The whole family loved it. Made exactly as listed.
Jun 21, 2010
This is great! I make it in a 13x9 pan with 2lbs of chicken breasts and steamed fresh asparagus.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.