Almond Broccoli Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 10 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; cook for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle with lemon juice and almonds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 132 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2018
I had a head of broccoli that needed to be used us quickly. I found this recipe and am so glad that I did. The entire family loved it. I , also, had some leftover cabbage that I shredded and threw in with the broccoli. I actually forgot to add the sugar and we didn't miss it; however, I will try to remember it next time.
Mar 14, 2013
I was looking for an alternative low cal veggie dish. This was very easy. I used Splenda instead of sugar and it was great! Easy, healthy, and yummy.
Apr 24, 2012
I loved this!
Oct 3, 2010
This is a excellent sidedish that compliments beef very well. We will be sure to be making this one again!!!