Almond Broccoli Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 10 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; cook for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle with lemon juice and almonds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 132 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Jan 2, 2018
I had a head of broccoli that needed to be used us quickly. I found this recipe and am so glad that I did. The entire family loved it. I , also, had some leftover cabbage that I shredded and threw in with the broccoli. I actually forgot to add the sugar and we didn't miss it; however, I will try to remember it next time.
Mar 14, 2013
I was looking for an alternative low cal veggie dish. This was very easy. I used Splenda instead of sugar and it was great! Easy, healthy, and yummy.
Apr 24, 2012
I loved this!
Oct 3, 2010
This is a excellent sidedish that compliments beef very well. We will be sure to be making this one again!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.