Broccoli with Almonds
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring broccoli, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain and place in a serving dish; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, saute almonds in butter until browned. Add onion and salt; saute until onion is tender. Pour over broccoli; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 111 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 1, 2012
Jul 21, 2011
Jan 12, 2011
Very tasty! I will definitely make this again, but I will reduce or eliminate the salt.
Oct 21, 2010
easy and very good
May 14, 2010
This simple recipe is delicious and quick to prepare. I used dried onion flakes instead of chopped onion. Certainly will serve again.
Aug 14, 2008
Do the almonds get too brown (and bitter)?