Broccoli with Almonds
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring broccoli, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain and place in a serving dish; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, saute almonds in butter until browned. Add onion and salt; saute until onion is tender. Pour over broccoli; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 111 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2012
Jul 21, 2011
Jan 12, 2011
Very tasty! I will definitely make this again, but I will reduce or eliminate the salt.
Oct 21, 2010
easy and very good
May 14, 2010
This simple recipe is delicious and quick to prepare. I used dried onion flakes instead of chopped onion. Certainly will serve again.
Aug 14, 2008
Do the almonds get too brown (and bitter)?