Bacon Potato Waffles with Applesauce
My mother used to add bacon to a lot of recipes for extra flavor. So I modified this potato waffle by doing just that. It's a great recipe for using up leftover mashed potatoe, and it goes so well with applesauce. — Laura Fall-Sutton, Buhl, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons bacon drippings or canola oil
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Chunky applesauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mashed potatoes, milk and bacon drippings. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon and onion.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with applesauce.