Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), unbaked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, well drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle chili powder over the inside of the crust. Combine cheeses with flour and place in crust.
- Combine eggs, cream, chiles, olives, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 438 calories, 30g fat (17g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 985mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2017
brand new house, trying to get kitchen in order so I can whip this tasty sounding dinner up. couple of points I'll change, the chili powder I'll mix in the egg, add tomatoes/onions/green bell peppers < simply bcz I like those familiar flavors.thanks for posting recipe
Apr 6, 2014
Wasn't crazy about this. I found it to be too salty, yet lacking something. Won't make again.
Sep 1, 2013
This is one of my new favorite breakfast meals. Thanks for sharing it.
Jul 12, 2013
FYI - The recipe is correct. 4 ounces of cheese is 1 cup. (The 8 ounces that you see on your measuring cup is for liquids, volume. It does not measure weight ... like for cheese).
Jul 12, 2013
Would love to try this recipe but am confused about the amount of cheese - do they want a cup (8oz on each of my measuring cups) or do they want 4oz which is 1/2 cup?Advice?
Jul 9, 2013
LOVED THIS RECIPE!!!!Made it twice in the same week.The second time I added a bit of cumin and Kraft hot habanero cheese - it was delicious and spicy.
Jul 7, 2013
I would like to know do you stir the flour and cheese mixture into the eggs?
Jul 6, 2013
Shortie got it right: "....but to really make it a Tex-Mex meal I added some browned chorizo to it....gotta have meat." Chorizo and I have a 'problem,' but I'll just eat a few Tumms to get the Heart Burn under control.
Jul 6, 2013
Awesome, but to really make it a Tex-Mex meal I added some browned chorizo to it....gotta have meat.
Jul 29, 2012
Very good and tasty will keep it in my recipe box and will make it again.