Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mild green enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 30 crisp taco shells, broken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook ground beef with onion and garlic powder until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in soups, enchilada sauce and milk. Place half of the broken taco shells in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the meat mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers using remaining taco shells, meat mixture and cheese. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Jan 4, 2014
I've been making this dish since Taste of Home first published it in 1993. Easy to make and super good! I add a small can of green chilies just to "zip" it up a little.
Mar 7, 2010
Fantastic! I'd make this again in a heartbeat! It is a great way to serve the taste of tacos without having to make the tacos!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.