With three different meats and four kinds of beans, this casserole really satisfies. Serve it with cheese-topped corn bread for a complete meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the beef, bacon and bratwurst. Stir in the beans. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.
Jun 4, 2008
Why does every campfire recipe have to include ground beef, beans or hot dogs? I've written 3 camping cookbooks and edited dozens of others. I hardly every use these ingredients?