With three different meats and four kinds of beans, this casserole really satisfies. Serve it with cheese-topped corn bread for a complete meal.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the beef, bacon and bratwurst. Stir in the beans. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 378 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1120mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Campfire Casserole in Casserole Cookbook
Jun 4, 2008
Why does every campfire recipe have to include ground beef, beans or hot dogs? I've written 3 camping cookbooks and edited dozens of others. I hardly every use these ingredients?