Quiche for One
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon real bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until softened. In a small bowl, beat egg, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the mushrooms, cheese, bacon and chives.
- Pour into a 5-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 154 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
May 24, 2013
I make this quiche all the time and I simply love it. Sometimes I'll add a tablespoon of spinach per recipe and it is delicious. I've also doubled and tripled the recipe but just increased the size of the baking dish... yummy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.