Vegetable Ham Quiche
This quiche is an easy egg dish filled with zucchini, bell pepper, ham and cheese. With our garden produce, it's even more economical. It's pretty enough to serve to company, too.—Betty Albee, Buhl, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, hash browns and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until crust is set and edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and red pepper in butter for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the ham, basil, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk; add zucchini mixture. Stir in cheese. Pour into crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 273 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 201mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Potato and Vegetable Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2005
May 23, 2012
This was delicious. I made it with the homemade sausage on the same page.
Nov 18, 2010
This was really good. I used asparagus instead of zucchini because my store was out. Reheats well also.