Sausage Sauerkraut Soup
I've taken this satisfying soup to church gatherings and family reunions, and it always receives great compliments. Everyone loves it!—Elizabeth Goetzinger, Lewiston, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots and onion. Combine the sauerkraut, brown sugar, mustard and caraway seeds; spoon over vegetables. Top with sausage and broth. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 373 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1707mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Sausage and Sauerkraut Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.