Easy Spaghetti Pie
Here's a nice change of pace from traditional spaghetti. The spaghetti noodle crust makes a pretty presentation.—Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in bowl. Add the butter, eggs and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Spread over the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. deep-dish pie plate. Spoon cottage cheese into crust; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano and garlic salt. Spoon over cottage cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Originally published as Spaghetti Pie in Taste of Home February/March 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.