Easy Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 2-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mixed fresh berries, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar with melted butter. Using the bottom of a glass, press cracker mixture onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake until set, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Slowly beat in cream and vanilla. Microwave gelatin on high until melted, about 10 seconds; beat into cream cheese mixture. Transfer filling to crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, about 3 hours.
- If desired, top with mixed fresh berries.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2019
I decided to make this recipe for two groups of guests. Both times it turned out very well. Rather than making the crust as suggested in this recipe, I used pre-made crusts from the store (for the sake of time). The portion of the recipe that is for the pie filling ended up making more than would fit in the 9" pre-made pie crust. Regardless, this was an amazing and extremly quick and simple recipe! My husband kept saying that this recipe is a keeper. I definitely plan to save this and make it again and again in the future.