Easy Oatmeal Cream Pies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Beat butter and eggs until blended. Beat in cake mix and oats. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to roll, though dough will remain fairly soft.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a well-floured surface, roll half of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Spread frosting on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 296 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 16, 2019
Great Desert to make during the holidays. Big hit at Thanksgiving. This definetley gave us something to be thankful! =)
Feb 12, 2018
Frosting as a filling? ? What a disappointment..
Aug 22, 2016
These are especially good with the whipped fluffy vanilla frosting! I didn't roll them out, just dropped them with a cookie scoop. They were thicker that way, but still good.