Easy Oatmeal Cream Pies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Beat butter and eggs until blended. Beat in cake mix and oats. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to roll, though dough will remain fairly soft.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a well-floured surface, roll half of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Spread frosting on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 296 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2018
Frosting as a filling? ? What a disappointment..
Aug 22, 2016
These are especially good with the whipped fluffy vanilla frosting! I didn't roll them out, just dropped them with a cookie scoop. They were thicker that way, but still good.