Quick Coconut Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 to 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the whipped topping and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of coconut.
- Pour into crust. Spread with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Chill.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 338 calories, 16g fat (11g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 16, 2013
Addendum to my review below, you could also use the coconut cream pudding instead of vanilla, although the vanilla was wonderful!
Jan 16, 2013
I had an extra pre-baked pie shell after making a lemon meringue pie and was looking for something to fill the extra one with. Came across this recipe and gave it a try. I took it to work to have with our coffee break and the rave reviews were amazing for such a simple recipe. Several people told me it looked like a picture out of a magazine and I didn't let on how simple it was to make! I did make a couple adjustments, however: I couldn't find the 5.1 oz pudding mix so used 2 boxes of the 3.9 oz. Then I simply increased my milk to 1 3/4 cups. I also doubled the toasted coconut so there was more throughout the filling and a generous amount to garnish the top of the finished pie. This simple recipe is definitely a keeper and impressed everyone in my office!
Jan 25, 2011
I love my traditional coconut cream pie recipe that involves cooking the custard, but this is a great time-saver, super fast and very yummy. I use sugar free pudding and a lowfat graham cracker crust to trim some of the calories and you really can't taste the difference.
Oct 16, 2010
I have made this pie several times and my whole family loves it.
Jun 19, 2008
WONDERFUL!!This recipe is so easy and fast to make. This pie is a family favorite.The first time I made this pie I didn't get a piece because it was gone!!! Now, I make sure I get my piece reserved before I serve it to the family.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.