Italian Meatball Kabobs
When the temperatures are high, and so is your craving for Italian fare, turn to these deliciously different kabobs. A green salad and rustic bread are all you'll need to complete this summer meal. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meatballs and vegetables. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and oil.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink and vegetables are tender, basting frequently with vinegar mixture and turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 325 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as GRILLED ITALIAN MEATBALL KABOBS in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.