Italian Meatball Kabobs
When the temperatures are high, and so is your craving for Italian fare, turn to these deliciously different kabobs. A green salad and rustic bread are all you'll need to complete this summer meal. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meatballs and vegetables. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and oil.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink and vegetables are tender, basting frequently with vinegar mixture and turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 325 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as GRILLED ITALIAN MEATBALL KABOBS in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips