Italian Beef Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup pizza sauce, egg, bread crumbs, onion, oregano, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with remaining pizza sauce. Top with cheese. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Freeze option: Prepare uncooked patties and freeze, covered, on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer patties to a large resealable plastic bag; return to freezer. To use, cook frozen patties and top with cheese as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 325 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 6, 2020
These were a big hit with my family! They gobbled them right up. Super easy to make. Perfect for a busy night.
Aug 21, 2015
These are wonderful to have in the freezer, ready to go. I made the patties ahead, froze them on a cookie sheet and then vacuum sealed. I put the frozen patties into my slow cooker, topped with pizza sauce and cooked on high 3 - 3.5 hours. Served them over garlic toast with a side salad. Quick, easy and wonderful. Highly recommend.
Sep 6, 2012
Very easy and very tasty. My family loved it! I didn't have any pizza sauce so I used spaghetti sauce. I will definitely use this recipe again.
Nov 4, 2009
Easy to throw together and very tasty!!!!!