Bratwurst and Chicken Kabobs
I made these lively chicken kabobs as a thank-you gift while visiting my relatives in Norway They loved eating them almost as much as I loved cooking for them! If you prefer less heat in the chutney, you can use honey in place of pepper jelly. Also, any variety of vegetables will work with these. —Anna Davis, Springfield, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) peach halves in light syrup, drained and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 2/3 cup minced onion
- 1 jar (12 ounces) mango chutney
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (14 ounces) fully cooked bratwurst links
- 2 each medium green pepper, sweet red pepper and yellow pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar bourbon seasoning
- Whisk together vinegars, pepper jelly, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil until blended. Add peaches, minced onion and chutney.
- Cut chicken into 1-in. cubes and bratwursts into 1-in. slices. Cut peppers into large squares and onion into cubes. Toss with brown sugar bourbon seasoning and remaining oil.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meat and vegetables. Grill skewers, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium-high direct heat, turning occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional brown sugar bourbon seasoning during grilling. Serve with chutney.
Test Kitchen tip