Succulent Beef Skewers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 9 ingredients; add beef and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Lightly oil the grill rack.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 170 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Apr 5, 2020
Bravo! This was amazing. I added a red onion and a green bell pepper, marinated separately to the skewers. The flavors are amazing. I had half an bottom round roast in the freezer that I used for this. Not as tender as a filet, but still amazing. Seriously folks, give this a try, you won't be disappointed.
Oct 5, 2019
Excellent recipe! We were looking for a way to use beef tenderloins and this did not disappoint! They were so tender, moist and flavorful that I didn't even need to use and sauce to dip them in.
May 18, 2016
This was fantastic! I was looking for something besides the lemon/soy/garlic/mustard marinade that so many of us use for steak. Splurge for the fresh herbs, go heavy on them and only use 1 clove of garlic. This was beautiful and not too salty for BBQ beef kebabs. Made 4 large meat kebabs - feeds 4-6.
Feb 18, 2014
I'm a sucker for meat on a stick and these are so yummy!
Aug 1, 2011
You must try this one - it is a terrific marinade. IF you have leftovers, there will be an argument about who gets them. I used about 2 T. brown sugar just because....
Sep 25, 2010
This is a family favorite. I use it for not only kabobs, but also flank steaks and london broil. It's truly succulent and requested again and again.