Succulent Beef Skewers
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 170 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
May 18, 2016
This was fantastic! I was looking for something besides the lemon/soy/garlic/mustard marinade that so many of us use for steak. Splurge for the fresh herbs, go heavy on them and only use 1 clove of garlic. This was beautiful and not too salty for BBQ beef kebabs. Made 4 large meat kebabs - feeds 4-6.
Feb 18, 2014
I'm a sucker for meat on a stick and these are so yummy!
Aug 1, 2011
You must try this one - it is a terrific marinade. IF you have leftovers, there will be an argument about who gets them. I used about 2 T. brown sugar just because....
Sep 25, 2010
This is a family favorite. I use it for not only kabobs, but also flank steaks and london broil. It's truly succulent and requested again and again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.