Bacon-Wrapped Seafood Skewers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 large sea scallops, halved widthwise
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, cayenne and garlic powder; add shrimp and scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap one bacon piece around each shrimp and scallop half.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, scallops and lemon wedges. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque, turning occasionally. Remove from skewers; squeeze lemon wedges over seafood.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 257 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
May 6, 2018
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes for barbeque season! I discovered maple bacon and it goes great with this recipe! It gives it a sweet and spicy flavor that makes you want to keep eating more!
Jul 9, 2015
Delicious! I served these with the Tomato Corn Risotto in the same issue and steamed green beans.
Apr 18, 2013
My husband and I were not fans. The bacon really overpowers the flavor of the seafood. If you just want to taste bacon, you'll like this.
Jan 11, 2010
wow we loved this recipe. We had it with baked halibut and it was so good. We are eating heathy and this felt like a sin. We always eat turkey bacon. We used the center cut bacon for this. There was just as meny calories in the center cut bacon as there is in the turkey bacon. This will become a reg.