Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper, curry powder, ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 18 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 9 bacon strips, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill bacon-wrapped shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning and basting with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 329 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Jul 20, 2017
Oh these are so good if you like spicy! I used the half teaspoon of cayenne pepper this was too much for my granddaughters, but for the adults it was perfect. I look forward to making these again.
Jan 5, 2014
The marinate is delish. I did not follow the cooking method; instead I baked it at 375 deg F for 15 minutes and then broiled it for a few minutes to get the char taste. All my New Years Eve party guests loved it.
Mar 30, 2013
I have made this many times its always a big hit. I make in the am for an evening event, refrigerate then put in a very hot oven til warmed through,delicious
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.