Tortellini & Shrimp Skewers with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
These fresh skewers and tasty sauce will have guests nibbling all night! —Cacie Biddle, Bridgeport, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 32 frilled toothpicks
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until blended. Remove to a small bowl; refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. Toss with oil. Thread tortellini and shrimp onto toothpicks. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer with 1 tablespoon sauce: 88 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Tortellini & Shrimp Skewers with a Sundried Tomato Dipping Sauce in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012