Curry Carrot Dip
The flavors of mustard and curry blend deliciously in this appetizing dip. It's great with an assortment of vegetables.—Louise Weyer, Marietta, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Assorted raw vegetables
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil. Add the carrots, water, salt, pepper and curry. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; cook for 8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Cool.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. Add mayonnaise and mustard; mix well. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 40 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Curry Carrot Dip in Country Woman September/October 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.