9-Layer Greek Dip
Instead of the same taco dip at every family event or potluck, try this light, cool and refreshing Greek dip. It looks and tastes healthy—and it is. —Shawn Barto, Winter Garden, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 carton (10 ounces) hummus
- 1 cup refrigerated tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Greek olives, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoncini
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Baked pita chips
- In a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate, layer first 6 ingredients; top with olives, if desired, and pepperoncini. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita chips.
Do it yourself: For that fresh-from-the-kitchen taste, make your own tzatziki sauce by combining 1/2 cup peeled, seeded and finely chopped cucumber with 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 4 teaspoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon chopped dill, 1 minced garlic clove, and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without pita chips): 60 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Layered Greek Dip in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Jun 23, 2017
This was great, I made it on pizza pan for very nice visual.
Jun 12, 2017
Fun & delicious! My family didn't care for the artichoke hearts in this but everything else was a hit. I made the hummus and tzatizi myself instead of using store bought.