Southwestern Star Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup olives, chilies, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle tomato on top in the shape of a star; outline with remaining olives. Sprinkle onions around the star. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 124 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 26, 2018
I left the olives off the top because with olives, a little goes a long way for me. I also halved the recipe since it was just for my boyfriend and me. Pretty good.
Oct 23, 2016
Everyone loved this dip. I ran out of it quickly and had to make some more - good thing it's super easy to make. I did add diced jalapenos to increase the heat factor for my family. But it was perfect!
Jul 27, 2015
I love this dip! I have taken it to many potluck type events and if I'm not careful, there isn't any left by the time I make it thru the line! :) everyone wants the recipe and you'll see why after you try it!
Nov 4, 2012
I make/take this recipe everywhere and it is a hit. Everyone want the recipe. It's great and easy to do.
Dec 20, 2011
I have enjoyed TOH recipes for many years, and my family LOVES this recipe. I am always asked for the recipe when I take this....
Dec 24, 2010
I've made this every year for Christmas since the recipe first debuted in Taste of Home. My family insists on it, and I love bringing it to parties. It's beautiful and tasty.
Mar 29, 2010
I have been making this recipe for years and it is always a hit!