Flavorful Southwestern Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Freeze option: Transfer cooled chili to freezer containers. Freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a saucepan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 245 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Nov 14, 2017
I have been making this for years it is awesome every time. I add a little sugar but it honestly doesent need it.
Jul 13, 2014
Very good. I added some oregano and pepper to taste.
Oct 16, 2010
I loved the recipe...but I omitted the corn and added a can of rotel red and green chilies in a can and omitted the 4oz can of green chilies. I also garnished the bowls with cheese and tortilla chips.
Dec 3, 2008
wonderful recipe. Very yummy!!! The whole family loves it, even my toddler.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.