Flavorful White Chicken Chili
Lime, cumin and cilantro really create a burst of flavor in this chicken chili. It's a healthier alternative to traditional chili, but is absolutely delicious.—Donna Lindecamp, Morganton, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen white corn
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Sour cream, shredded white cheddar cheese and/or minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken from broth; allow to cool.
- Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Cube chicken and return to pan. Mash half of the beans. Add all of the beans, corn and lime juice to chicken mixture. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese and cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 229 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 887mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 8g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as White Chicken Chili in Chicken Recipe Cards 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.