Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Sour cream, cubed avocado, diced jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with celery, onion and pepper over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in seasonings, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, chili beans, water and corn.
- Cook, covered, on high 1 hour. Reduce setting to low; cook, covered, until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
- Stir in kidney and pinto beans; cook, covered, on low 30 minutes longer. If desired, serve with sour cream, avocado and jalapeno.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 200 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Jan 22, 2016
I made this tonight. It was so delicious! The only thing I did different was use mild chili beans instead of hot because I don't like things really spicy. It was still very flavorful. I'll be making this again.
Jan 13, 2015
I used ground venison instead of turkey and it turned out fantastic!
Jan 3, 2014
I made this today. I didn't add this or leave out that, just followed and it was absolutely delicious. My wife is from Texas and usually makes the chili, but is sick, so I made this and she loved it, me too!! Great recipe!
Feb 15, 2013
This was the best chili I have ever had. I'm always looking for a good chili recipe and had yet to find one that is until now. The only thing different I did was omitted the green peppers (husband does't like), corn (I don't like) used medium chili beans as that is what I had on hand and didn't use the sour cream. I think it was the spaghetti sauce that made this recipe really good. It will be my go to chili recipe from now on. Thank you Celesta for sharing.
Dec 4, 2011
This was delicious! I used jalapeno peppers from a jar instead of the hot chili beans because I didn't have any. I used about 2 Tbsp chopped. At first it seemed like it was going to be too hot, but when we put it together with rice and sour cream on top, it was perfect!
Jan 28, 2010
This was my first pot of chili and I served it to friends and everyone really liked it.
Jan 27, 2009
This was my first attemp to make chili. My family was so impressed. It is so deliciouse. I questioned adding corn but I am glad I did.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.