Family-Pleasing Turkey Chili
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes6 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional toppings: reduced-fat sour cream and minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, broth, corn, tomato paste, chili powder, pepper, cumin and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Serve with optional toppings if desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 3, 2019
Love this recipe. I'm not a fan of kidney beans so I use pinto beans instead . Very yummy!!
Nov 30, 2016
This recipe is fantastic!!!! The name of the recipe says it all...definitely a family pleasing favorite!I do not add the corn & sometimes I add 1 to 3 tablespoons of McCormick's chili powder, depending of how spicy we want it. And I do different variations of beans. Pinto, white with kidney. Or Kidney, white & pinto or black beans.My son who has always been a picky eater loves this chili!! In addition to the cheese, sour cream, cilantro, & onions, we add chili cheese Fritos. It is great without the toppings as well along with homemade cornbread. Yummy good!!!
Dec 31, 2015
I thought this was a decent base, but will need some tweaking. I only used 1/2 tbsp of chili powder and since I prefer a thicker chili I drained the tomatoes and only used about 1/3 of the can of chicken broth. I think next time I will add in some garlic salt (I didn't taste much garlic) and some other various spices (haven't figured out what yet). Otherwise, a decent, solid chili. We put ours over rice and top with cheddar cheese. Yum!
Nov 18, 2015
This is my families favorite chili recipe. My husband loves this makes it at least twice a month.
Oct 27, 2015
This is a very simple and great tasting . Healthy
Dec 6, 2014
This is my new favorite chili recpie. I have made it in the crockpot and Dutch oven cooked on low. I used two pounds of turkey and added a little tomato juice.
Oct 17, 2014
Very easy to make and yummy.
Aug 21, 2014
Just had oral surgery and wanted chili. Had all these ingredients except kidney beans. Turned out great and was easy on the mouth. My hubby spiced his up, but I ate mine as is with a little sour cream.
Apr 10, 2014
Very good & easy to make.
Jan 19, 2014
Very good, will make again. Thanks for the recipe.