Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean), cooked and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded pepper jack cheese and sliced jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through. Stir in macaroni. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, top servings with cheese and sliced jalapenos.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 348 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 713mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 12g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat.
Oct 14, 2019
We had this delicious recipe tonight. I followed the recipe with two changes. I omitted the celery and added a can of Rotel tomatoes. It did not need 6 hours of cooking so we ate about an hour after I started the recipe. Delicious and perfect for cool Fall days. Volunteer Field Editor
Dec 11, 2016
I was disappointed with this recipe. I found it bland and felt it "needed something."
Oct 23, 2016
It was OK. I added extra seasoning, but still needed a lot more. It was a little bland.
Oct 7, 2016
Awesome recipe!- Theresa
Aug 20, 2016
Made a double batch, added some extra chili powder, and red pepper flakes for a kick. It came out great! Keeping this as a go to recipe for sure! Next time I might add a can of Rotel tomatoes with jalapenos as well.For people looking for the hot beans, check near the baked beans. Target sells a medium chili bean that I bought, which is why I added red pepper flakes.
Aug 16, 2016
Psalm127-3 you'll find chili beans with the canned beans, they have seasoning added to them I know Bushes has a variety, Goya might too. Sometimes they're in with the canned baked beans as well.Hope that helps,Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine
Aug 15, 2016
the proof is in the pudding bob36so post yours then.....original poster: can you please help me with what canned hot chili beans are? is there a brand I should look for in my supermarket please. thank you
Aug 15, 2016
This recipe for chilimac stinks. my recipe for chili mac is 10 times better then this
Aug 4, 2016
Loved this! So full of flavour with thick, chunky veggies. And it made a lot! Definite make again recipe!
May 15, 2016
my husband and I did not care for it-very disappointing