Queso Baked Nachos
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 enevelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (13 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 jar (15-1/2 ounces) salsa con queso dip
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan, layer a third of each of the following: chips, beans, beef mixture and queso dip. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 10-15 minutes. Top with chives; serve immediately with sour cream on the side.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 313 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 786mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
May 29, 2018
It was okay. I have other nacho recipes that we like better but my grandkids like this. The recipe didn't say what to do with the chopped plum tomatoes so we just added them on after baking.
Apr 19, 2018
So good, tasty, and easy! I used regular salsa queso dip on one end of the pan and white cheese dip on the other end--my husband and I loved it both ways. It was a cold and damp spring night and this was the perfect warm and comforting meal. I'm not ashamed to say we ate about two-thirds of the 9x13 pan between the two of us!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.