Lime Chicken Tacos
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, pickled onions, shredded lettuce and shredded cheddar or cotija cheese, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 5-6 hours.
- 2. Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 30 minutes. Place filling on tortillas; if desired, serve with sour cream, pickled onions, lettuce and cheese.
2 tacos: 291 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Feb 16, 2019I like this recipe, toss it in the crockpot
Apr 5, 2018
We made this chicken for a taco bar for a friends rehearsal dinner. We left out the corn and chili powder to help it appeal to even the pickiest guests. It was moist and delicious, with just the right amount of lime flavor coming through. I used Jack's (Garden Fresh) fresh salsa and I think that boosted the flavor compared to jarred chunky salsa. This is a keeper. The leftovers freeze great as well.
Mar 11, 2018
This was bland and disappointing.
Oct 19, 2017
I liked the lime flavor, but expected more spiciness. Will try using hot salsa next time.
Sep 20, 2017
Tasty quick meal with lots of options.
Aug 29, 2017
This a fantastic family, summertime recipe! The chicken is jammed packed with flavor!"
A TRUE FAMILY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 25, 2017
This recipe has been a favorite of ours for years. Quick, easy & great flavor. I use the leftover chicken to make enchiladas.
Jul 31, 2017
This was delicious! It makes for a great meal that is quick and easy to make. I did up some peppers and onions to go with it.
May 31, 2017
Can't wait to try this! I'm from Boise too!!
Nov 11, 2016
love this. have been making it for years and shared it many many times since it first appeared in the magazine