My husband prefers these to chicken or beef fajitas and I serve them for dinner often. —Sarah Mercer, Wichita, Kansas
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the vegetables, salt and pepper in oil for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup vegetable mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese; top with sour cream and salsa. Fold in sides.
1 fajita: 375 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Sep 3, 2017
Really good veggie fajitas served with the shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream as recommended.
May 18, 2015
I loved it!
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC