Pressure-Cooker Fabulous Fajitas
When friends call to ask for new recipes to try, suggest these tasty fajitas. Top as you like to add healthy color and extra flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min. + releasing
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: Sliced avocado and jalapeno peppers, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped tomatoes
- In a bowl, toss steak with cumin, salt, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, brown meat in batches and remove. Add water, lemon juice and garlic to cooker; stir to loosen any browned bits. Press cancel. Return beef to cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Remove steak with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Add red pepper and onion to cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Serve vegetables and steak with tortillas and desired toppings.
Test Kitchen tip