Pressure-Cooker Fabulous Fajitas
When friends call to ask for new recipes to try, suggest these tasty fajitas. Top as you like to add healthy color and extra flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min. + releasing
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: Sliced avocado and jalapeno peppers, Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese and chopped tomatoes
- In a bowl, toss steak with cumin, salt, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Select the saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, brown meat in batches and remove. Add water, lemon juice and garlic to cooker; stir to loosen any browned bits. Return beef to cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Press cancel. Remove steak with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Add red pepper and onion to cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure. Serve vegetables and steak with tortillas and desired toppings.
Test Kitchen tip