Pressure-Cooker Fabulous Fajitas
When friends call to ask for new recipes to try, suggest these tasty fajitas. Top as you like to add healthy color and extra flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min. + releasing
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: sliced avocado and jalapeno peppers, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped tomatoes
- In a bowl, toss steak with cumin, salt, chili powder and red pepper flakes. On a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, select saute setting and adjust for high heat. Add oil; brown meat in batches and remove. Add lemon juice and garlic to cooker; stir to loosen browned bits. Return beef to cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to the manufacturer’s directions. Remove steak; keep warm.
- Add red pepper and onion to cooker; lock lid. Select steam setting; cook for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Serve vegetables and steak with tortillas and desired toppings.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 fajita: 314 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Fabulous Fajitas in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips