Slow-Cooker Flank Steak Fajitas
As a busy teacher, I think it's so nice to come home to a warm meal after a day in the classroom. I'm not the only one who thinks so: These beefy fajitas go fast at potlucks, too. —Mary Holmgren, Mackinaw, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds), halved crosswise
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup beer or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour beer over top. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker. Strain vegetable mixture; return vegetables to slow cooker. (Discard cooking juices or save for another use.) Shred beef with 2 forks; add to vegetables and heat through. Serve in tortillas with pico de gallo and cilantro.
Test Kitchen tips