Slow-Cooked Steak Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), wamed
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Thinly slice steak across the grain into strips; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, coriander, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Add the onion, peppers and cilantro. Cover and cook 1-2 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 273 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Aug 13, 2012
This was perfect for our camping trip, the meat was so tender, everyone loved it. A Keeper!
Jan 27, 2011
It was great, but all the recipes I try from any of your books are great. Karen
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.