Slow-Cooked Steak Fajitas
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), wamed
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1. Thinly slice steak across the grain into strips; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, coriander, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- 2. Add the onion, peppers and cilantro. Cover and cook 1-2 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4. Using a slotted spoon, spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
1 each: 273 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Dec 31, 1969
This was perfect for our camping trip, the meat was so tender, everyone loved it. A Keeper!
Jan 27, 2011
It was great, but all the recipes I try from any of your books are great. Karen