Cheddar Cheese Toasties
WE were dairy farmers for years, so we all enjoyed a hearty breakfast after morning milking. Having a bit of cheese satisfies the appetite and helps hold you over until the next meal. Since I always had a lot of cheddar cheese on hand, I used it in many of my recipes. -Helen Davis, Waterbury, Vermont
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash each garlic powder, paprika and Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices white bread, toasted
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, cream and seasonings. Spread over toast.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.