Cheesy Pepperoni Buns
Like a pizza version of a sloppy joe, this open-faced sandwich is a surefire kid-pleaser! —Tanya Belt, Newcomerstown, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 4 slices process American cheese, chopped
- 12 mini buns, split
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni and American cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted, 4-5 minutes.
- Place buns on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Spoon meat mixture onto buns; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. If desired, serve with additional warmed pizza sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 open-faced sandwiches: 280 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.