Hot Colby Ham Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 15 dinner rolls (about 3-inch diameter), sliced
- 15 slices Colby cheese
- 15 thin slices deli ham (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and sugar. Place roll bottoms, cut side up, in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Top each with Colby cheese, ham and mozzarella. Drizzle with half of the butter mixture.
- Replace roll tops. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Apr 14, 2019
LOVE these Sammies! I omitted the sugar and used a little more ham! Delicious! Great method to play around with different meats and cheeses.
Feb 10, 2016
I made one for myself today just to try them out. It was fabulous. I am going to make them tomorrow for a work crew at our church with chicken rice soup. The only thing I changed is I left out the poppy seeds. Thanks for the great recipe.
Feb 7, 2016
A keeper. I only needed to make 6 sandwiches so I reduced some of the ingredients. I also put 3 slices of ham on each sandwich because 1 seemed like not enough. The poppy seeds clumped together so I used a knife to spread them after dabbing with the butter mixture. I used yellow mustard but honey or Dijon would be nice too.
Dec 28, 2014
Mmmmm....delicious! So easy to assemble, and they taste wonderful! A guest who came over for an informal meal with us raved about them. This recipe is in my "best of the best" file!
Nov 13, 2014
This is a fantastic sanwhich - all thumbs up and devoured in my house!
Jan 19, 2014
Haven't tried these yet, but they look good!
Dec 30, 2013
I used leftover slices of spiral sliced baked ham and colby jack cheese. These were really good!
Jul 2, 2012
Made this many times and it is always a hit. I use slice baked ham instead of the deli ham and use half the butter mixture.
Apr 15, 2011
I served these yummy sandwiches at a Baby Shower that I hosted and they were a huge hit. Everyone wanted the recipe! I was able to make them up a few hours before the shower and waited to put them in the oven until I was ready to serve lunch. The aroma from the kitchen was a big hit too!
Mar 12, 2011
So, so good!