Meatball Pizza Subs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups pizza sauce
- 4 submarine buns, split and toasted
- 1-1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Spread 1/3 cup pizza sauce on the bottom of each bun. Top each with 1/3 cup cheese, five slices of pepperoni and three meatballs; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Replace tops.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
Nov 12, 2016
So simple and tasty!
Apr 3, 2016
I told my daughter to pick us a recipe on TOH to try and rate. She picked this. They were delicious.
Jan 8, 2014
Quick, easy, and hits the spot!
Sep 6, 2013
This is a great, easy and tasty way to feed a group of teenagers! The only changes I made was to cut the subs in half with two meatballs in each. Also, opened up subs and turned broiler on for just a few minutes at the end just to make them extra toasty. Using the foil kept clean up to a minimum. This recipe will lend itself to being creative with food you have on hand. Anything you can put on a pizza is going to taste good in these subs!
Feb 3, 2012
I love this quick & easy meatball sub recipe!
Aug 29, 2010
Very Good! I covered the baking sheet that I broiled the meatballs on with foil, makes for easier clean up. We sprinked a little thinly sliced mozzarella on top. Thanks for sharing!
May 14, 2009
I make these often. They are so good. My husband and son just love them. Thanks for a quick and easy recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.