Hot Antipasto Subs
Hot or cold, these loaded sandwiches are always a family hit. They blend all the robust flavors of antipasto into an easy-to-eat bun. —Sharlene Lander, Lake Placid, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup horseradish mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix mustard, mayonnaise and oregano; spread on buns.
- Layer remaining ingredients on bun bottoms; close sandwiches and wrap in foil. Bake on a baking sheet until heated through, 12-15 minutes.
Health Tip: This deli-quality sub tastes amazing, but it’s full of sodium. Condiments, deli meat, cheese and bread are all typically high in salt. Cut back by replacing some of the canned veggies with fresh, half of the deli meat with leftover cooked chicken or turkey and drizzling with olive oil and vinegar instead of spreading with mayonnaise and mustard.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 623 calories, 39g fat (11g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1861mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Hot Antipasto Subs in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.