Chinese Chicken Spaghetti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6 servings, 1 cup per serving
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce until smooth; stir in 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, remaining soy sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in canola oil until no longer pink. Remove to a platter and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry peas and carrots for 5 minutes. Add the green onions, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan. Add soy sauce mixture; drain pasta; Add to skillet; toss until combined.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 329 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 17, 2019
Delicious! I added more fresh vegetables...1 bag bean sprouts, tri-colored bell peppers and white onion. I also added some minced garlic. I also cooked the veggies al dente. Will make this again.
Dec 30, 2016
Very good nice and light for the new year. Cooked the snow peas with the pasta for the last minute of cooking time. Stir fried the carrots and green onions only 2 minutes the stated time would be too long. Served with bottled teriyaki and hot sauce on the side for those that wanted more of either flavor. The Almond Good Luck Cake on this site is a great dessert for this meal!
Mar 12, 2015
This is so yummy! I've been making this since this particular issue came out 12 years ago! I wouldn't change a thing. My family loves it.
May 11, 2014
Apr 18, 2014
Leave out the vinegar and it would be closer to a five star.
Apr 4, 2014
Pretty good-tasted like take out. I thought it needed more sauce, though-next time I'd double the vinegar sauce.
Feb 19, 2014
Delicious! I will definitely make this again. I followed the recipe exactly and thought it had great taste.
Feb 18, 2014
I loved this recipe. I made extra sauce and added extra red pepper flakes because we love spicy food. Not bland at all. I will definitely make this again.
Jan 19, 2014
I make this at least twice a month. Very easy and so good!
Nov 5, 2013
was really good