Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, snow peas, carrots and onions in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and cayenne. Drain pasta. Add pasta and soy sauce mixture to skillet and toss to coat. Heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 274 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 19, 2020
Because of the shortages due to the virus, I just used the pasta I had in my cabinet which was 1/3 package of egg noodles and some small shells. I had to leave out the cayenne pepper because daughter can not do heat very well. I also added shredded chicken to make it a 1 pot meal. To the sauce I also added about 1/2 cup of Asian Sesame Toasted Dressing. Really added to the taste of this dish. Very colorful!
Oct 5, 2017
This was awesome, and so very quick and adaptable!!
Aug 15, 2017
I made this tonight and it is wonderful. Very easy to make. I did make some adjustments and added chicken and it was amazing. Thanks Taste of Home!!!
Jun 23, 2017
Excellent recipe, very versatile, can use whatever veggies your family prefers. I add cubed cooked chicken and double the sauce to make this a main dish.
Apr 2, 2016
Needed more flavour. Added extra vegies. Looked lovely though. Happy to try again with some minor additions.
Feb 3, 2016
Delicious! I added some sesame oil and it was perfect!
Jul 22, 2015
This is a great recipe. You can use just about any veggies you have on hand. My picky 6 and 6 year olds ask for it.
May 26, 2015
A deliciously different meatless Friday supper for our family! Occasionally I add surimi--imitation crab--to give it some protein. But, even my "I hate vegetables!" hubby enjoys this dish! Because we like the flavor of garlic, I do add two cloves of garlic. But, otherwise, we enjoy it as printed!
Mar 1, 2015
Made this exactly as written and was surprised how good it was! Fast, and easy wiith just the right amount of heat. Go easy with the sesame seeds so as not to overpower the other flavors. Wife said I HAVE to make this often!
Sep 18, 2014
This was really good!!!