Pressure-Cooker Pineapple Chicken
We love Hawaiian-style chicken in a slow cooker, but sometimes we need something that comes together fast! We tweaked our favorite recipe and came up with this Instant Pot pineapple chicken for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Add a side salad for a complete meal. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + releasing
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: minced fresh cilantro and sliced green onions
- Combine all ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Add shredded chicken back to pot and stir until combined. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and green onions.