Lime Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, red and green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and peppers in oil for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken; cook and stir over medium heat for 8-9 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa and seasonings. Add the tomatoes, lime juice and lime zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beans; heat through.
- Meanwhile, place tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Serve chili with sour cream and tortilla strips.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups with 10 tortilla strips and 1 tablespoon sour cream: 357 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 21g protein.
Mar 7, 2015
I needed to add a cup of water it was too thick. it definitely needs even more spice like hot sauce or somethingbut you wouldn't think so with as many spices as it has. I used chopped rotisserie chicken.
Jan 14, 2015
Sounds delicious but cocoa?
Jan 23, 2013
easy and excellent
Oct 15, 2012
Little tart from the lime. Didn't even add the full 1/4 cup.
Jul 20, 2011
i have made this recipe many times and it is delicious! I use boneless skinless chicken breast cut bite size instead of the ground chicken. I also add a 12 oz can of V8 juice along with the tomatoes. It freezes well and makes a quick dinner on busy nights. We pair it with cornbread.
Jan 24, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.