Lime Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, red and green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and peppers in oil for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken; cook and stir over medium heat for 8-9 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa and seasonings. Add the tomatoes, lime juice and lime zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beans; heat through.
- Meanwhile, place tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Serve chili with sour cream and tortilla strips.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups with 10 tortilla strips and 1 tablespoon sour cream: 357 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 7, 2015
I needed to add a cup of water it was too thick. it definitely needs even more spice like hot sauce or somethingbut you wouldn't think so with as many spices as it has. I used chopped rotisserie chicken.
Jan 14, 2015
Sounds delicious but cocoa?
Jan 23, 2013
easy and excellent
Oct 15, 2012
Little tart from the lime. Didn't even add the full 1/4 cup.
Jul 20, 2011
i have made this recipe many times and it is delicious! I use boneless skinless chicken breast cut bite size instead of the ground chicken. I also add a 12 oz can of V8 juice along with the tomatoes. It freezes well and makes a quick dinner on busy nights. We pair it with cornbread.
Jan 24, 2010