Garlic-Butter Baked Salmon
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + cooling Bake: 10 min.
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a food processor; add butter and remaining oil. Cover and process until blended; set aside.
- Place salmon in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; drizzle with lemon juice. Spoon 1 tablespoon garlic butter over each fillet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley and rosemary.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 408 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Apr 25, 2014
This recipe was a nice one, although the flavors did not come through as much as I'd anticipated.
Apr 19, 2014
Mar 1, 2014
My whole family loved this including my picky eater. I used Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning instead of baking the garlic bulbs. I paired it with roasted garlic red potatoes. It was delicious!
Jun 13, 2013
I am not a big fish eater, but this was not bad.
May 29, 2013
I made this for my fiance - he doesnt like lemon on his food.. and is not a fan of strong flavors, but he loved this one! I will continue to use this recipe.. Thank you!!!
Sep 5, 2011
I have made this many times and EVERY TIME I get compliments!
Jun 25, 2010
My shortcut was to use Mrs. Dash Garlic/Herb seasoning instead of baking the garlic bulbs. So very good! Will be adding this one to my 'regulars' list of recipes!
May 2, 2010
Yummy salmon! What a treat!~ Theresa
Jan 8, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.