Homemade pesto adds instant flair to these tasty salmon fillets. While they bake in the oven, you can assemble the simple green salad.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- For pesto, combine the basil, oil, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, salt and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Place the salmon in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over fillets. (Cover and refrigerate remaining pesto for another use.)
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.