Lemon-Herb Salmon Toasts
Quick, light and tasty, my salmon toasts make irresistible finger food. —Christie Wells, Lake Villa, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 24 slices snack rye bread
- 8 ounces smoked salmon or lox
- Optional toppings: grated lemon zest, coarsely ground pepper and fresh dill sprigs
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, beat the first eight ingredients. Place bread slices on baking sheets. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Spread with cream cheese mixture; top with lox. Serve with toppings if desired.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon with lemon and herb cream cheese on rye bread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.