Lemon-Herb Salmon Toasts
Quick, light and tasty, my salmon toasts make irresistible finger food. —Christie Wells, Lake Villa, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 24 slices snack rye bread
- 8 ounces smoked salmon or lox
- Optional toppings: Grated lemon zest, coarsely ground pepper and fresh dill sprigs
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, beat the first 8 ingredients. Place bread slices on baking sheets. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Spread with cream cheese mixture; top with lox. Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 63 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon with lemon and herb cream cheese on rye bread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017